Friendly matchmaker spells love for Nichole and Jordache - Jamaica Gleaner

It was a turn of fate that brought Nichole Barrett and Jordache Wilson together. They first met through a mutual friend, who, according to Jordache, was eager to start her career as a matchmaker. After going on a date on March 12, 2015, the two fell in love and took their romance to a new chapter by tying the knot on that anniversary eight years later.

"Our first date was at Kentucky Fried Chicken because I am a KFC fanatic. He was doing some mystery shopping for Restaurant of Jamaica, so we used it as an opportunity to hang out, and it was the most perfect date. We went to three different KFCs that night, eating different menu items, so it was a really fun experience," Nichole told Island Wedding.

After having such a great time together, they continued to date for a few months. With that natural progression, the pair decided to make things official in September.

Initially, Nichole found Jordache handsome and jovial. But, over time, she grew to love his dedicated, supportive, patient, ambitious and fun-loving nature. "My husband has been essential in my personal and professional development. He has always encouraged me to aim for the stars, and has been willing to put in the work to assist me. Due to his encouragement and motivation, I have completed my master's degree and I've been promoted three times at my current workplace."

Ensuring that she feels loved and supported, he is a great listener and does his best to make her feel special every chance he gets, whether it's in the form of gifts or acts of service.

"When we just started dating, I accidentally broke his washing machine and I called him crying, because I was worried he was going to be upset. When I called, he was more concerned about me and trying to calm me down, rather than focusing on the machine. He dealt with the situation in such a loving and delicate way, even though I know it was a huge inconvenience for him. At that moment, I realised that this is my man I want to do life with," she revealed.

Shy and innocent at first, Nichole was a lover of laughter, which Jordache found attractive. As time grew, he loved how ambitious, feisty, fun-loving and self-sufficient she is.

"Mrs Wilson brings a unique dynamic to my life and encourages personal growth and professional development. Interacting with her requires careful thought and planning, as she inspires me to embrace my sensitive side, connect with my emotions, explore ideas and values, and navigate challenges. She even assists me with my skincare routine, recognising when I need to slow down, while simultaneously providing motivation to push myself further and achieve more in life," he said.

Admitting that as a couple, they enjoy indulging at her favourite place, KFC, he continues to marvel at the thought-provoking, soul-stirring and scintillating conversations engaged in while in the car, on the way to work, in the parking lot when they arrive home, on road trips, or randomly parked up on the side of the road. "I knew she was the one when I became more interested in leaving work to sit by the waterfront, in downtown to have conversations with her," he added.

After six years of courtship, Jordache asked Nichole, the love of his life, to be his wife.

With the ideal ring selected and her father's blessing requested and granted, he went a step further to seek approval from his parents as well as her siblings.

He decided to make the proposal a family affair. "We had a special Sunday dinner, and my daughter and I agreed that it was the perfect moment. After dinner, we sat down to watch a romantic movie about love, marriage, and proposals. We carefully selected a scene in the movie that would set the stage. Just before the grand proposal in the film, my daughter paused the movie and asked her to stand up, offering to show her how a proposal should be done. Then, she instructed her to turn around and give Daddy a chance to do it, too."

He continued, "As she turned, I was already down on one knee, holding the ring, and asking for her hand in marriage. It was a heartfelt and memorable moment created within the comfort of our own home."

Choosing wedding planner Crissan Lyn from As Envisioned to provide her nuptial needs, the fiancée shared that she was happy Lyn could jump in, highlighting that she did the best job at making the dreams a reality.

As for the dress, the bride-to-be had her heart set on a ballgown. She visited three different bridal shops to accomplish this mission, but it seemed impossible. "I didn't find anything I loved," she said. Just when she thought all hope was lost, she went to Bliss Bridal. "Sara Stanford told me that she has a dress that she thinks would be perfect but it was out for a wedding that weekend. So, I should come and try it on the following weekend. I showed up the following weekend, and as soon as I put it on I fell in love."

On March 12, Nichole and Jordache said 'I do' during a beautiful garden wedding ceremony. "Our wedding was everything I imagined, and more. Everything went smoothly and perfectly. We envisioned a lot of happiness and funny moments; the event was exactly that. All our friends and family showed up to support us. It was a day filled with fun, laughter and lots of dancing," the bride reflected.

The groom agreed that the wedding was a beautiful celebration, overflowing with love and support, "People travelled from all over Jamaica and even parts of America to join us on our special day. The village was 'villaging' with love and support. And the feedback we received was incredibly positive. Many guests declared it as one of the best weddings they have ever attended. Emotions ran high throughout the event. The dance floor was alive, and the atmosphere was filled with contagious energy.

The newly-weds shared the first dance as husband and wife to How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Golding. "At that moment, the feeling was magical. It was as if everyone disappeared and it was just my husband and I in the room," Mrs Wilson added.

krysta.anderson@gleanerjm.com

Adblock test (Why?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 District 3 bowling singles tournament at a glance - Yahoo News

Many domains of single life are perceived more positively than married life - PsyPost

BLOG: Coronavirus in Estonia - Estonian World